CIHF Roundtable “Innovating Across Senior Living and Care”
Friday, March 31, 2017
Carrier Ballroom, Statler Hotel
7:30 am – 3:00 pm
Registration is now open! Register here.
Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures will be hosting its 2nd Annual Senior Living and Care Roundtable at the Statler Hotel on March 31, 2017. This roundtable will be chaired by Brooke Hollis MBA ’78, Associate Director Sloan Program in Health Administration and Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures.
The Roundtable will include sessions on Design and Facility Innovations for Senior Living; Coordination across the Care Continuum; Training and Careers; and Financing and Long-term Care Insurance.
Students and Roundtable participants will pair up at the Training and Careers luncheon to share their ideas and experience about:
- Ideas for improved recruiting and retaining younger talent
- Hospitality training and customer service techniques to empower and inspire staff
- Best practices for retaining established talent in the face of new competitors’ recruiting efforts
- Emerging trends to effectively utilize outsourced service providers and staffing firms
CIHF Roundtable Participants
- Elizabeth Classen Ambrose, Proprietor, Bridges Cornell Heights
- Kelly Andress, President, Sage Senior Living
- Laura Barré, MD, CHE ’91, Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University
- Denise Boudreau-Scott, MHA ’94, President, Drive
- Scott Gensler, SHA ’94, Vice President of Business Development, Erickson Living
- Daniel Governanti, Executive Director, Kendal at Ithaca
- Esther Greenhouse, BS ’93, MS ’02, Environmental Gerontologist, Esther Greenhouse, LLC
- Dave Gress, Regional Vice President, Sodexo
- Bill Jones, President, Berkshire Healthcare Systems, Inc.
- Alice Katz, MBA ’76, President, The Vinca Group L.L.C.
- Lynne Katzmann, President and CEO, Juniper Communities
- Steve Kramer, President and CEO, The Mayflower Retirement Community
- Robert Kramer, Founder and CEO, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care
- Mark Levine, MHA ’90, Long Term Health Care Administer, Levine & Associates
- Mike Lewis, Professor of Operations and Supply Management, University of Bath
- Corinna Loeckenhoff, Associate Professor, Department of Human Development, Cornell University
- Tom McInerney, President and CEO, Genworth Financial
- Cate O’Brien, Director of Research, Mather LifeWays
- Bradford Perkins, A&S ’67, Chairman, Perkins Eastman
- John Peters, Senior Vice President, Senior Star
- John Rijos, SHA ’75, Operating Partner, Chicago Pacific Founders, American Seniors Housing Association
- Dave Schless, President, American Seniors Housing Association
- James Sherman, Senior Vice President, Dougherty Mortgage LLC
- Vince Slaugh, Professor, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- Mary Tabacchi, Professor Emerita, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- Jill Vitale-Aussem, MMH ’96, Chief Operating Officer, Capella Living Solutions
CIHF Roundtable “Exploring Ideas from Hospitality, Health Management, and Design for Senior Housing and Care” was April 21-22, 2016.